Holly jolly hair: 3 Hair ideas for holiday parties
Blogger Mon Petit Chou Chou knows the value of a polished updo and wanted exactly that for her standout holiday look. “She wanted a modern version of an Audrey Hepburn-inspired French twist,” Jeffrey says. Steal the look with these tips!
- Start with day old hair (unwashed hair is more pliable).
- You want to build a base, so spray a dry shampoo at the root all over the crown.
- Next, take a “U” shaped section from temple to temple and secure up out of the way.
- Working on the bottom section, brush one side toward the center back, next brush the opposite in the same direction, wrapping around your finger to create the twist and secure with pins.
- Take the top section down and working forward, take 1-inch sections and lightly tease the base. As you move toward the front, smooth the front of the sections.
- Create the desired height you wish in the back and start brushing teased sections backwards and wrapping around the bump in a “C” shape.
- Secure each pulled back section with pins.
- Leave your bangs out and loosely pull sides out.
‘Tis the season to “tress” to impress! The blogger behind Spreedia was jonesing for a look that screamed “bombshell.” “This is inspired by the Victoria’s Secret hair every woman wants,” Jeffrey says. Steal her style with these tips!
- Start by taking vertical sections and work your way up and around the head with a curling iron.
- Secure each section with pins to allow them to cool and set.
- Trick: The longer you allow the hair to cool, the stronger the curl will be.
- Once you reach the top and crown area, your sections should be horizontal. These sections should be larger for a looser curl.
- After allowing the set to cool for at least 10 minutes, take all pins but the front ones out.
- Work your fingers through hair to break it up.
- If you find your hair is too curly, use a brush and lightly run through your hair.
- Remove the front piece and let fall in place.
- Finish with a light hold hairspray.