3 Fun ways to style short hair
Simple & chic
If you have fairly close-cropped hair, you can add interest to your look with a few simple changes. A pretty pixie cut usually means wash and go, but why not get a little more creative. Here’s how.
Get the look:
- Use a small amount of volumizing spray all over to give hair some extra body and a few drops of argan or monoi oil for shine (these multipurpose oils are great for combating winter’s dry air).
- Blow dry everything from the crown forward with a round brush while keeping the ends straight and flat.
- Finish by directing the hair to one side.
The result is a more textured, messy-chic look that doesn’t sit quite as close to the head (think pre-Marilyn Michelle Williams). Add some small metallic clips or a thin headband to further freshen things up.
Tousled & textured
Short hair need not be boring – especially this season. One of the best ways to keep things interesting and eye-catching is with texture on the top. It’s also a versatile hairstyle for a variety of face shapes (especially oval and more angular).
Get the look:
- Start by working some mousse through your hair, being sure to cover the entire head.
- Then finger dry while lifting the roots at the top off the head, adding volume as you go.
- Finish with some texturizing paste for definition and add a quick blast of heat from your blow dryer to ensure all-day hold.